Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sweet Face: Ten Days In

I've had a busy ten days that involved staying in other places, very early mornings, questionable diet, and my wallet getting stolen. Despite the stress of a serious break in routine (which usually wreaks havoc on my skin), I managed to stay on top of my new coconut oil and honey regime.

I took a small amount of coconut oil with me when I stayed on couches away from home and used it to remove makeup, wash my face and shoulders, and to moisturize my skin. I didn't have time to do another honey mask, but I figured I'd keep up with the oil anyhow.

I am happy to announce that my painful pimples and cuts have started to heal, and I only developed ONE new pimple in the last week, and that went away in two days.

This is a HUGE improvement already. I usually develop new pimples every other day- especially during a stressful time. And because I itch at them without thinking about it, they usually get infected because I break the skin, and thus take a very long time to heal.  It's RILLSEXAY, I tell ya.

So I took photos. On the left is my painful, wounded, deep cystic pimpled cheek (the worst it's been in a while) six days ago. The pimples showed no signs of healing, I clearly itched at them and turned them into wounds, and they hurt noticeably throughout the day. On the right is a photo I took just this morning. The skin is healing, and there are no hard bumps or swollen pimples anymore. Six days might seem slow when it comes to healing, but not if you're like me and have a tendency to itch at the painful pimple over and over again. Often these things will not heal for two weeks or more, and I'm showcasing my shame for days on end.




I'm going to do another honey mask tonight and keep going with my coconut oil regime. No soap seems to be a good policy for my skin so far.....

No comments:

Post a Comment