Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sweet Face, Day Three

My brain doesn't yet like the idea of not washing my face.

It takes a bit of mental gear shifting in the morning when muscle memory has me reaching for my usual facewash. But rubbing a little coconut oil into my face and rinsing it off in the shower seems to be working well. I also use a small amount on a washcloth to remove makeup at night.

I've always thought of myself as someone with oily skin, which means I regularly use products that strip oil from my skin. I used to put a lot of moisturizer or oil on my skin after a shower because I felt itchy and dry from washing. That dry feeling became associated with being clean, so it's a little confusing to my brain to step out of the shower  clean yet not itchy. Since my first honey masque the other night, I haven't had that "oh god, I need moisturizer" feeling to which I am so accustomed. I carry chapstick with me everywhere because weather changes make my lips feel dry, yet using coconut oil as moisturizer has kept my lips soft for the last 48 hours. This stuff might be magic.

Tonight I'm going to do another honey masque to see if I can speed up the healing process for face acne. This time I'll do it on my shoulders and back too.



More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment